The 8th UK Storm Gathering will take place from February 20 till 22, 2016 and will be located at Anglesey Outdoors, Anglesey, Wales.
We will be using EventBrite to manage symposium bookings. If you wish to pay by cheque, or BACS and submit a printed booking form, write to us directly and we can assist you with these options.
This event is not suitable for minors, unless accompanied by an adult family member.
ALL classes are subject to weather and sea conditions. The event organisers reserve the right to make changes to venues, schedules, coaches and/or class ratios at any time.
The event organisers will not be providing refunds due to poor weather or sea conditions.
The event organisers will assesses and choose appropriate venues despite the weather.
By signing up you are accepting the risks with full knowledge that we cannot guarantee safe sea conditions for all classes.
1. The symposium fee includes access to all UK Storm Gathering workshops, presentations and social events.
2. The symposium fee does not include accommodation, transport, equipment or event t-shirt. It does not include classes that take place outside of the main symposium timeframe.
3. A place in the symposium can not be considered booked until a completed submission via Eventbrite and payment of all fees due have been received by the UK SGS Team.
Option 1. Bookings and on-line payment should go via Eventbrite: 8th UK SGS Event.
Option 2. Cheques should be made payable to: UKSGS and mailed with a printed booking form to: ‘8th UK Storm Gathering’, 5 Sling Cottages, Tregarth, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4RH. Please include your address and phone number on all cheques.
Cancellation by Participants:
1. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the event organisers.
2. Cancellations must be made in writing 21 days prior to the event. Participants will receive a refund minus a £25 administration fee.
3. Cancellations made less than 21 days before the event may be liable to a loss of fees paid unless the symposium organisers are able to fill that place with a new participant.
If the place is filled, participants will receive a refund minus a £25 administration fee.
4. Non-attendance will incur the loss of total fees paid.
Cancellation by the Event Organisers:
1. Whilst every attempt will made to ensure that all planned workshops & journeys actually run, the event organisers reserve the right to cancel at any time where numbers fail to reach a workable minimum or where conditions are not suitable for the required level of participation. As much notice as possible will be given and attendees will be offered a revised activity session and journey programme, including indoor activities.
2. The event organisers will not be liable for payments made to other service providers such as for travel, equipment hire and/or accommodation.
1. All coaching sessions will be protected by Professional Indemnity cover. All lead coaches will be appropriately experienced sea kayakers, with current NGB membership and first aid qualifications.
2. This insurance does not cover individual participants for claims arising from personal accident, loss of possessions or inability to attend any or all UKSGS sessions. We strongly advise all attendees to ensure that they have appropriate personal insurance in place to cover them against such eventualities.
Contact us if you have any questions, queries or want more information about the event.
The UKSGS Team – Mark Tozer & Helen Tozer-Wilson